Thursday, March 28, 2013

Food for my Family

We have been busy planting our Spring/Summer garden.  Our oldest sons asked if they could have their own garden space, so not only are we planting seeds and seedlings, but we're expanding.  We (my husband, I should say) put in another raised bed; one that the boys can call their own.  We now have 150 square feet of raised garden bed space, not including our blueberry beds or anything in containers.  We are trying something completely new this season -- corn.  I am a bit nervous to attempt to grow this new {to us} crop, but I'll never know if it works unless I try.  Plus, my kids love corn on the cob.

In the meantime, I came across this video and felt it very appropriate to share.  It inspires me to grow more and more food for my family to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment