Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pinchy

I never mean for so much time to go by between posts.  November, December, and January were all very busy work months for my husband, inevitably making them busier for me as well!  He's a good man, working so hard for our family.  We miss him so much when work calls, but always make up our time with him later -- lots of bike riding, digging in the dirt, and wrestling on the floor over the weekends.  That's what it's like with a house full of boys.
Can you count three people in this picture?
My fall garden wasn't as successful as I'd hoped it would be.  Everything began growing and then suddenly stopped.  The things that have grown appear healthy, yet they have halted progression.  Our "winter weather" has been very different this year.  Although our winters are known to be warm compared to most of the country, this year has been exceptionally warm, leaving us with maybe two nights where we briefly hit freezing.  I think my garden is confused, as my lettuce is beginning to bolt and go to seed.  I suppose there isn't much I can do about this.


Petite, new leaves are budding on some trees, as if Spring is on its way, while other trees still hold leaves of red.  And then, some are still bare -- as they should be in Winter.
Today we planted six blueberry bushes + a couple raspberry bushes.  We hope to have lots of berries this summer.  I'll post pictures of them soon.  Until then, here are some pictures from our family trip to Jekyll Island, Georgia.  It was just what we needed!  Something for everyone to enjoy.  Giant oak trees, their gnarled limbs strewn with spanish moss; beaches with driftwood trees; crabs hiding under rocks; fresh air; room to run; peace.  We like to take our kids places where we don't have to say over and over Don't touch that.  Wait. Stop. Don't.  The rules on the beach: Stay where we can see you and don't go in the water.

Otherwise kids, BE FREE!!  The little ones love the room to run and freedom to explore. They eat it up. 


This is Pinchy.

3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, Sara! I love Mr. Pinchy, especially. I remember the first time you and Dave went to Jekyll Island, so I'm glad it's becoming a family tradition! Thanks for sharing the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one Nature-lover to another! I know you always enjoy it too, Aunt Jenny! If you're ever out this way, we'd love to show you Jekyll Island. I think you'd love it.

      Delete
  2. I love your Post!!! You write beautifully and the photos are gorgeous! In the first photo, don't tell me that is David in the tree all covered in sand.

    ReplyDelete